What we do
Eucalypt Australia is the operating name of the Bjarne K Dahl Trust, established in 2007 following a bequest from Bjarne Klaus Dahl.
Vision and mission
We envisage a public inspired by and appreciative of eucalypts.
Our mission is to fulfil Bjarne Dahl’s wishes and honour his legacy.
What we support
- The establishment, promotion, cultivation and conservation of eucalypts, and
- Education of the public in the establishment, cultivation and conservation of eucalypts
- Conservation: Projects that identify and address threats to eucalypt conservation
- Education: Projects that raise public awareness of eucalypt cultural and conservation values
- Research: Projects that increase scientific knowledge of eucalypts
Threats to eucalypts
- Limited eucalypt diversity in Australian conservation reserves
- Clearing of isolated eucalypts and the Australian bush
- Climate change limiting natural regeneration of eucalypts and the Australian bush
- The public undervaluing eucalypts and the Australian bush
- 2017 annual review [PDF]
- 2015–16 annual review [PDF]
- 2014–15 annual review [PDF]
- 2013–14 annual review [PDF]